Glossary of Events
For those of you who may not know which events to go to, what event titles mean, or who to bring to what, here is a ‘glossary’ of all of our different events:
– BOOK CLUB 1: This book club meets the first Monday morning of every month. As noted, this club is by invitation only, but if you’re interested in joining please contact Marjean Jones.
– COFFEE MORNINGS: These are held monthly typically at the home of a different member each month. This event is a casual weekday morning event and a great way to meet other members.
– DINNER GROUP: This event is a fun dinner get-together once a month. The location changes each month to accommodate as many members as possible and to allow us to try new places! It’s always a good time and all members & guests are welcome!
– DISCOVER AUCKLAND – Discover Auckland is geared towards different events around the city of Auckland that allow us to experience some of the interesting things this city has to offer! Depending on the event, kids or partners may be welcome to attend.
– HIKING GROUP: The hiking group enjoys finding nice hiking/trekking places in and around the Auckland area. These events unfortunately tend to be weather dependent! Kids and partners generally are welcome.
– EVENING BOOK CLUB: As stated in the name, this is the book club held in the evenings on the last Wednesday of the month. It is also by invitation only, so please contact if you’re interested in joining.
– MOVIES: Movie days/nights are held as often as planned. Also, some evening movies may be tied to charity fundraising events.
– SOCIAL MIXER: the social mixer is always an evening event and is a chance for you to bring your partners, friends, or even kids to hang out with the rest of the group. The location varies and we aim to gather every 3 months.
– WEEKEND BRUNCH: Brunch will be either on a Saturday or Sunday late morning and is open to all members (young and old!) and their partners. Guests and kids are also welcome at this event.
EVENT/GROUP IDEAS??? If you have any other event or group ideas, feel free to let a member of the Board know. We are always look for interesting and new events for our members!